Sunday, February 20, 2011

Creative Blog (#2)

Violet's Father's perspective:

Dear Diary,
Things have been getting progressively worse with Violet's Feed.  More and more I find myself wishing that she didn't have it.  Since she didn't get it until she was seven, she at least has the capability to think for herself, which most people now don't have.  Today's society is disgusting to me.  Everyones minds are being constantly updated with the newest media garbage possible.  All of this decides for people what they should act, look, and feel like.  I'm so glad that Violet is not like that.  However, because she is not an asset to the Feed, no one will help us.  People in today's society no longer have hearts, just as they no longer have minds.  The United States has went from being the melting pot of the worlds cultures to everyone being carbon copies of each other.  At what point did people's individuality become lost?  I blame it all on the Feed.  We all would have been better off without it.  I keep praying for Violet, even though I know there is very little hope.  No matter what happens in the end, I'm glad we are not like everyone else.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked how wrote this. I like how you said "People in today's society no longer have hearts, just as they no longer have minds."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think this is how her father would have felt. I think he felt guilty for letting her get the feed. Although, it was almost as if either way would have been a negative situation. If she wouldn't have gotten the feed she would have been looked down on by others, and if she did get it then it would effect her health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very well written I believe you hit it on the head. Her father couldn't have said it any better.(lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was great it really reminded me of walle and how the people couldn't do anything for themselves.

    ReplyDelete