Friday, February 11, 2011

Blog #4

I think that I could definetly live in a secluded environment for a year.  I like technology, but getting away from it all would be nice.  Once before my phone broke, and I didn't have it for a week.  At first it was like going through withdrawal, but then it was nice because I wasn't at anyone's beck and call. 
I think that in "Feed", the plot was in a way extremely sad.  In the end, it tells of Violet's dad giving Titus some of the memories about what Violet went through, and it was almost as if he wasn't capable of any compassion.  I think that society and the feed had brainwashed him from birth, and he isn't capable of any real emotion anymore.

6 comments:

  1. I think that I would only last about two to three weeks, not because I don't have technology but because I would go insane by myself. That happened to me once! I went on vacation with my boyfriends family and the day I got there my phone broke. At first I was like omg what am I going to do, then I kind of liked not carrying my phone or worrying about anything. It was very peaceful haha. I totally agree with you on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...wasn't capable of any compassion" and "... isn't capable of any real emotion anymore"

    These are powerful statements. I'd love to hear more! Do you see our generation like this? If not, could we become something like this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very peaceful without technology around sometimes. I feel more free, especially without a cell phone. Its not ringing constantly with text messages, calls, and voice mails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Don't know how long I could last because living without technology is one thing, but out in the woods by myself would get annoying

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think that our generation is like this. But the possibility to become that way is definently present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your amazing for being able to actually go a yr without technology. I agree with you when you said it feels good to get away from it all. I think that the experience would be beneficial in the end.

    ReplyDelete