Saturday, April 16, 2011

What have I learned?

All in all, I think this was a course that made you think outside of the box, and also made you question authority.  We have learned that giving someone (government?) control over even the smallest parts of your life could quite possibly affect you more than you might think it would, and could lead to more control.  We have also learned about the violence in humanity.  What is it about violence that draws us?  Why do we enjoy watching it?  I think that all of us came up with our own answers.  I enjoyed this course because it made you think.  Not about school work necessarily, but about important things like keeping your own voice, protecting your freedom, and how to read-between-the-lines. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your last sentence. It is so true. This class definitely gave you the opportunity to formulate and voice your own opinions on not only literature, but current events as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jill, I liked your last sentence. I thought the class really gave you a chance to say your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit everything on the head I agree with your whole statement. I too think this class was very eye opening and had you think about things rather than just going through the motions of a regular literature class it had you think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete