Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Reaction: Hunger Games

I really enjoyed Hunger Games.  I thought it was interesting and easy to read.  Katniss was a very strong character and she was also very easy to connect with through the text.  I am for sure planning on buying the rest of the series.  I feel that this book tied in with the others easily, because it also demonstrates the power that Government has over it's people (even though it is more subtly expressed in this book, unlike 1984).  I felt that the most interesting character in the book was Rue.  Katniss felt an extreme protectiveness towards her, I think because she reminded Katniss so much of her little sister, Prim.  I wish that Rue wouldn't have been killed, because I feel like she would've contributed more to the story.

I connected this to "The Most Dangerous Game"

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Dangerous_Game

2 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games also reminded me of this book. Even though the story line and context is a little different it still portrays the barbaric idea of humans hunting humans. Also, in each book there are a select few who get joy and satisfaction from killing others for fun or sport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I liked this story and it was like the other books because it showed how the government had much power over the people. I would have to say Katniss was my favorite character.

    ReplyDelete